Job Title: Business Development Executive
Business Unit/Department: Business Development
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
HAUD provides mobile network operators with a complete service to detect fraud, filter spam and protect revenue. HAUD puts operators in control of their networks with flexible solutions, unrivalled expertise and round-the-clock customer support. The proprietary technology safeguards revenue from telecommunications traffic, enhancing network security and enriches customer experience.
HAUD is headquartered in Malta, with global representative offices.
The Employee will be required to work from a regional location and shall report to the Chief Commercial Officer. The main role of the Employee will be to cultivate, develop and manage the executive level relationships to advance the Company’s business partnerships with mobile operators (MNOs, MVNO’s, MVNE’s & Carriers) and other industry players and partners in the areas of Revenue Assurance, Fraud Detection and Spam Filtering. More specifically, the Employee shall be responsible for prospecting and closing leads with MNOs that can deliver a long-term revenue line to the Company. This role will be responsible for contributing significantly to the appropriate commercial proposition and documentation for the products to drive potential new business. The Employee will be required to multi-task, build and manage relationships, solve problems, drive the Company’s strategy with MNOs and assist technology team to develop new products for this business unit as well as marketing team to find the most effective means of drawing attention to the products.
The Employee shall enjoy working in an energetic team environment; have enthusiasm and ambition to take care of our customers’ needs to the highest standard and want to be part of an organisation that has high quality values. Ability is vital to succeed.
• Proven track record in Telecoms;
• Excellent negotiation skills, delivered over a large spend portfolio;
• Excellent relationship management skills at a junior management level;
• Strong contractual and regulatory awareness;
• Flexible leadership style – can adapt consensus management or mandating approach to strategic decision-making;
• Self-starter and passionate for driving MNOs to deliver on their word and desire to win will define the candidate’s approach to work as will the enjoyment of working in a multicultural and international environment;
• Established network of Telecoms sector contacts;
• Will work with high profile clients from within both the private and public sector and will be comfortable communicating with all stakeholders;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail;
• Full travel mobility – overnight stays away from home and international travel.
• Contribute to strategic business planning, strategy and revenue accountability of the company;
• Responsible for identifying and customising HAUD solutions for new commercial propositions in each Telco environment;
• Management of a portfolio of MNOs both directly and indirectly, through business partners, to determine and define strategies that meet the business requirements commercially and operationally;
• Act as the main point of contact on relevant commercial developments, ensuring that you are well placed to win new business on bid opportunities in the MNO area.
• Work closely with agents in various emerging markets to ensure consistency in delivery and to identify new tools to help drive improvement in winning commercial deals;
• Responsible for contributing to and preparing business plans and business cases in developing a roadmap for the company;
• Responsible for ensuring presentation pitches, commercial quotes, commercial proposals and contracts for submission to MNOs are at the highest professional standards;
• Responsible for outlining the working processes and framework within the Company – from prospecting to acquisition to account management to post-sale review and cross-selling requirements;
• Assist in the development of quarterly forecasts and business review reports on the sales unit within the company to the CCO;
• Works closely with the Operations, Software Development & Marketing teams to ensure the HAUD product lines are at the optimum competitive level with market competitors;
• Acquire strong market intelligence, industry updates and product knowledge of all messaging products and services in the carrier space (Revenue Assurance, Billing & Roaming, Signalling, Hubbing etc).
If you have the necessary skills to contribute to our success we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV to [email protected]
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.