HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide Mobile Network Operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the generation of revenues from A2P traffic, enhanced network security, a reduction in SS7, SMS fraud and spam and increased subscriber loyalty. HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Working within the Technology Department of HAUD and reporting to the Systems Operations Manager, the Systems Engineer is responsible to coordinate, design, install and manage the IP, Server Infrastructure and the in-house developed solutions installed at various locations at clients around the globe.
- Design, deploy and maintain the various high available setups installed at Mobile Network Operators
- Network design, planning, testing, implementation and assistance in the maintenance of all routers, switches and transport equipment to ensure 24/7 optimum performance of the system.
- Coordinate with Mobile Network Operators and Internal stakeholders to ensure the product is deployed up to the required standard and within the planned time frame
- Coordinate with Vendors, Service providers and Internal Developers ensuring continued alignment and delivery of key non-functional requirements, optimisations, patches or complete solutions
- Servers Operating Systems’ administration (Linux) including installation, configuration, hardening and updates
- Deployment, technical acceptance testing and benchmarking of Systems Applications (in-house developed and/or off-the-shelf)
- Assist in the 24×7 proactive monitoring and support of the solutions deployed
- Work closely with QA and Development teams as to ensure the highest level of quality product deployment.
- Implement & verify Backups & Restores on relevant Databases, Servers and underlying Infrastructure installed at the various clients
- Develop appropriate standards and practices and ensure that they are documented, maintained and applied to all projects and services.
- Conduct security risk and vulnerability assessments on installed solutions.
- Travel to remote locations to install the various solutions offered by the company
Requirements and Education
- Masters or Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent
- Working knowledge in Linux technologies (Ubuntu and CentOS)
- Working Knowledge in basic Database Administration (MySQL and NoSQL Databases)
- Experience using Scripting languages (Bash, Perl, PHP)
- Experience using Virtualisation technologies (VMware, KVM, OpenStack)
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
- Experience with security devices (firewalls, IPS, vulnerability assessment tools, network scanners, etc.)
- Experience with different Storage technologies (NAS, SAN, iSCSI)
- Able to perform problem isolation and troubleshooting in complex environments
- Able to adjust plans as necessary and provide alternative strategies to meet changing business needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects concurrently
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and without supervision
- Able and willing to learn new technologies
- Working Knowledge of Mail Servers (postfix) and DNS Servers
- Experience with monitoring systems (Zabbix, Nagios, etc.)
- SS7 and telecommunications knowledge will be considered as an asset
- Experience with clustering solutions (corosync, pacemaker, cman) will be considered as an asset
- Experience with security devices (firewalls, IPS, vulnerability assessment tools, network scanners, etc.) will be considered as an asset
- Experience with backups (Veeam, Barracuda), restores and recovery models in various OS and Databases environments will be considered as an asset
- Knowledge of configuration management tool such as Puppet and Chef will be considered as an asset
- ITILv3 certification will be considered as an asset
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Team player
- Result oriented
- Well organised and strong technical project management skills
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
If you have the necessary skills to contribute to our success we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV to [email protected]
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.