HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide Mobile Network Operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the generation of revenues from A2P traffic, enhanced network security(SS7/Diameter), SMS fraud/spam and increased subscriber loyalty. HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Business Unit/Department: Technology – Technical Services & Operations
Reports To: Head – Technical Services & Operations
Working within the Technology Department of HAUD and reporting to the Head of Technical Services & Operations, the Signalling & IP Network Services Manager will be key in forming, training & managing an elite technical team, responsible for installations & operations spanning HAUD Solutions offered globally by the company.
The Signalling & IP Network Services Manager will primarily be responsible to ensure the most timely and efficient anomaly detection (NMS) and rectification (troubleshooting), spanning the IP, Server/Storage Infrastructure & Core application domains.
Substantial internal coordination with DevOps & 24×7 NOC is a must, including occasional external 3rd party partners. Assistance in architecture design and specifications of the solution to be installed will also form part of the key responsibilities.
The candidate will also benefit from company-provided training usually held in its main office in Europe and Asia. Such training could be either system specific as well as personal development training on technologies as required by the company.
- Release and deployment management, Integration support, vendor operation & support management, service asset configuration & tracking service restoration, technical support, operational design, SLA/KPI management & 2nd/3rd line support.
- Ensures that all project team members are trained and knowledgeable about their tasks so service levels and KPIs are maintained.
- Identify any missing procedures and processes in relation to the designated area ensuring process is followed and in tune/synergy with team members.
- Assist in the specification’s definition and architecture design of the solution to be installed.
- Coordinate with vendors, service providers and internal resources ensuring continuous alignment and delivery of key functional and non-functional requirements of the solution.
- Work together with the Technical and Commercial teams to plan, execute and Project Manage clients’ solutions installation; ensuring that teams have the appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- Plan, organize and manage the performance of the Solution Delivery process and where necessary initiates corrective actions to cover short-falls in performance and delivery capability.
- Team manage and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure the solution is deployed up to the required standard and within the planned time frame
- Assist in establishing realistic estimates for project delivery while ensuring that resources are utilised in the most efficient way, focusing on the reduction of the project delivery time while keeping the maximum quality of delivery.
- Coordinate the conduct of security risk / vulnerability & capacity assessments on installed solutions.
REQUIREMENTS and EDUCATION
- Two-year experience in similar Technical Management / technical Engineering roles will be a KEY asset.
- Experience in the telecommunications section protocols such as SS7/Diameter will be considered as a KEY asset.
- IP (Cisco/Juniper) Routing & Switching HA architecture Design, testing & troubleshooting skills & certifications. (BGP,OSPF,HSRP,VRRP,IPSEC,SCTP,TCP,DNS)
- Firewalling (Cisco/Juniper/Iptables/PFsense)
- LoadBalancers L4/7 (IPVS , HAProxy, Nginx) and Layer3
- Cloud Networking (AWS,Azzure,ZetaGrid) & Vmware vSwitch , NSX
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal
- Able to adjust plans as necessary and provide alternative strategies to meet changing operational situations.
- Able to work on his/her own initiative
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Team player
- Result oriented
- Structured, well organised and strong technical project management skills
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
If you consider yourself as the right person to join our team, we would be happy to receive your CV and application letter at [email protected]