HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide Mobile Network Operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the generation of revenues from A2P traffic, enhanced network security (SS7/Diameter), SMS fraud/spam and increased subscriber loyalty. HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Working within the Technology Department of HAUD and reporting to the Telecom & IP Services Manager, the Core Solutions Expert will be part of an elite team focusing on the end to end (OS -> Middleware -> HAUD inHouse) software architecture. Spanning installations, integrations, optimizations and troubleshooting facing internal Dev/DevOps teams and predominantly the International Enterprise customer deployments.
Primary responsibility is ensuring the most timely and efficient anomaly detection (NMS) and rectification (troubleshooting) for Software related anomalies including engineering temporary fixes and workarounds for initial remedial where possible.
Further responsibilities are towards ensuring deliverables are deployed & sanity tested with the least risk and impact possible. Ensuring smooth change management from Dev/DevOps towards client deployments around the globe.
The successful candidate will be working on technologies such as Linux, CI solutions (Puppet/Kubernetes/GIT), MySQL RDBMS, OS Clustering, Java, Redis, Messaging(Kafka/Rabbit), protocol analysis Wireshark/Tshark/tcpdump (SMPP, Diameter, SCCP), VMs & Docks.
The candidate will also benefit from company-provided training usually held in its main office in Europe and Asia. Such training could be either system specific as well as personal development training on technologies as required by the company.
- Release and deployment management, Integration support, vendor operation & support management, service asset configuration, expediting service restoration, technical support, software operational design, SLA and KPI resolution for & 2nd/3rd line support.
- Research, test & deploy workarounds and possible proof of concepts (POC) at OS and MiddleWare level.
- Coordinate with vendors, service providers and internal resources ensuring continuous alignment and delivery of key functional and non-functional requirements of the solution.
- Plan, organize and manage the performance of the Solution Delivery process and where necessary initiates corrective actions to cover short-falls in performance and delivery capability.
- Assist in the specification’s definition and architecture design of the solution to be installed. Software architecture design from a high availability and security standpoint.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure the solution is deployed up to the required standard and within the planned time frame for each dependency.
- Assist in establishing realistic estimates for project delivery while ensuring that resources are utilised in the most efficient way, focusing on the reduction of the project delivery time while keeping the maximum quality of delivery.
- Coordinate and conduct security risk/vulnerability & capacity assessments on installed solutions.
- Ensures that all project team members are aware of knowledge base and design/settings repository updates
REQUIREMENTS and EDUCATION
- One-year (preferable two) experience in similar expert core application integration & support role will be a KEY asset.
- Experience in the telecommunications section protocols such as SMPP, Diameter & SCCP/MAP will be considered as a KEY asset.
- Linux Administration & Automation (scripting), Fluent in SQL & Protocol analysis (Wireshark/Tshark).
- Exposure to Load Balancers L4/7 (IPVS, HAProxy, Nginx) and Familiar with Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, ZetaGrid & Vmware.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal.
- Able to adjust plans as necessary and provide alternative strategies to meet changing operational situations.
- Able to work on his/her own initiative
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Team player
- Result oriented
- Structured, well organised and strong technical project management skills
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
If you consider yourself as the right person to join our team, we would be happy to receive your CV and application letter at [email protected] with the subject “Core Solutions Expert – your name”.