HAUD Systems creates unique and innovative solutions which provides international Mobile Network Operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the generation of revenues from A2P traffic, enhanced network security, a reduction in SS7, SMS fraud and spam and increased subscriber loyalty. HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
The DevOps Engineer role is an exciting and challenging opportunity for the successful candidate who will be researching, designing and maintaining solutions based on big-data technologies in a fast-paced technology-oriented company. The role involves working with open-source technologies such as Linux, NoSQL, GitLab, MySQL, Redis etc. and will be specifically focused on modern SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Research and deploy proof of concept (PoC) for new database technologies.
- Improve and optimize current data platforms.
- Help to develop middleware for the loading and processing of data.
- Help with building automation both for the deployment, maintenance and upgrading of the systems.
- Support the development and installation teams with their data and reports needs.
- Make sure that the required documentation is available with the releases and keeps with the agreed deliverable standards
- Coordinate with Vendors, Service providers and Internal Developers ensuring continued alignment and delivery of key non-functional requirements, optimizations, patches or complete solutions
- Assist in the 24×7 proactive monitoring and support of the solutions deployed
- Conduct security risk and vulnerability assessments on developed or installed solutions.
- Work with various technologies such as MySQL databases, NoSQL databases, automation tools etc. to improve performance, deployment procedures and reliability of Haud solutions.
- Review and improve performance of queries and processes
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and monitoring of MySQL and NoSQL database systems.
REQUIREMENTS and EDUCATION
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Business Administration, Management or equivalent is highly desired.
- Experience with advanced SQL query and database performance
- Willing to always learn and research new technologies.
- At least 1 year experience working in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of Linux administration (such as Ubuntu)
- Good Knowledge of Database Administration solutions (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience using Scripting languages (such as Bash, PHP, Python)
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
- Able to perform problem isolation and troubleshooting in complex environments
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and with very minimal supervision
- Able to anticipate problems and build contingency plans
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects concurrently
- Passion for data, Linux and opensource software.
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Team player
- Result oriented
- Well organised and strong technical project management skills
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Excellent coordination, organizational and project management skills
- Willing to challenge himself and the current processes to develop new and innovative solutions.
If you consider yourself as the right person to join our team, we would be happy to receive your CV and application letter at [email protected] with the subject “DevOps Engineer (Big Data-oriented) – your name”.