HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide Mobile Network Operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the generation of revenues from A2P traffic, enhanced network security, a reduction in SMS fraud and spam and increased subscriber loyalty. HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Reporting to the Head of Solution Development, the developer in test will work within the Technology Department of HAUD. He/She will be responsible to ensure that test automation targets and measures are achieved. The Software Developer in test:
- Will work closely with Software Developers, Product Owner, Stakeholders, architecture and Operations teams and any other department affected by the product under test;
- Understand all the aspects of the business the product under test is connected to;
- Implement (either through scripting or programming) Automated Test Cases based on QA Test Case design;
- Daily automated regression testing;
- Generate and publish automated reports;
- Contribute to maintaining a productive, collaborative and relaxed work environment.
Role Profile and Responsibilities
- Provide realistic estimates for deliverables while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet agreed deadlines
- Responsible for testing complex features which include designing test scenarios, creating test plans, implementing, automating and executing test cases.
- Define test methods, manage the development of the needed testing tools and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and extreme conditions.
- Develop automated tests for features.
- Benchmark best practices as part of quality process management and improvements.
- Ensure that requirements stated in the Product Design document are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Maintain and improve test frameworks to satisfy automation and reporting.
- Interact with various stakeholders to simulate customer scenarios that help validate the product.
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development process.
- Coordinate with product owners and development teams to ensure the qualitative delivery of the systems to be developed and according to the specified requirements.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Delivers in accordance with agreed scope, acceptance criteria, time, financial and quality measures;
- Reports and escalates in a timely manner during the project;
- Identify risk in his/her business and take responsibility for reporting risks in a timely, open and appropriate manner.
Education / Experience
- Passion for QA and knack for identifying test that breaks code.
- First or Post-Graduate Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development in general, Experience in C++ or Java.
- Comfortable with programming and a strong grasp of operating systems concepts.
- Understanding of database fundamentals and SQL Programming.
- Familiarity with a scripting language, such as Python, Perl, and Bash.
- System Administration experience with Linux. Required to set test environments.
- Programming experience on Linux / UNIX environments.
- Prior experience in testing enterprise applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with inter-disciplinary teams and management.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork and encourages innovation
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in the use of Selenium, Appium, Selendroid or Cucumber will be considered as an asset.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Strong work ethic – with a passion for achieving high precision and quality of work produced. Reliable timekeeping and attendance.
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Team player
- Strong analytic skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Result oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) and fluency in English to facilitate communication with colleagues and external parties.
- Motivated, self-starter, problem solver with the ability to work independently
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
If you are the candidate we’re looking for please send your application to [email protected]