About the company
HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide Mobile Network Operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the generation of revenues from A2P traffic, enhanced network security, a reduction in SS7, SMS fraud and spam and increased subscriber loyalty.
HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Job purpose and description
Reporting to the Head of Solution Development, the QA engineer will work within the Technology Department of HAUD. He/She will be responsible to ensure that test automation targets and measures are achieved.
The QA Automation Engineer:
- works closely with Software Developers, Product Owner, Stakeholders, architecture and Operations teams and any other department affected by the product under test;
- is responsible to understand all the aspects of the business that the product under test is connected to;
- Implements (either through scripting or programming) Automated Test Cases based on test case definition;
- is responsible to generate, evaluate and publish automated reports;
- Contributes to maintaining a productive and collaborative work environment.
Role Profile and Responsibilities
- Responsible for:
- Collect, identify and document testing requirements;
- Create and maintain test specifications and test plan documents;
- Configure the environment to run the tests;
- Develop automated tests based on the test specifications and test plans
- Run manual tests to reach testing completeness;
- Collaborate with other teams to analyse any software defects;
- Report such defects accurately including all the steps and information required to replicate the issues identified;
- Continuously review and improve the tests
- Provide realistic estimates for deliverables while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet agreed deadlines
- Ensure that requirements stated in the Product Design document are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Interact with various stakeholders to simulate customer scenarios which help validate the product
- Coordinate with product owners and development teams to ensure the qualitative delivery of the systems to be developed and according to the specified requirements.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Delivers in accordance with agreed scope, acceptance criteria, time, financial and quality measures;
- Reports and escalates in a timely manner during the project;
Education / Experience
- Passion for QA and knack for identifying test that break code
- First or Post-Graduate Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development in general, ideally Java
- Prior experience in:
- Creating test plans
- Executing manual tests and prioritising necessary tests
- Designing the automated tests,
- Identifying any tools required to implement the automation required
- Implement and verify the automated tests
- Prior experience in testing APIs and User Interfaces is a must.
- Understanding of database fundamentals
- Experience working with Linux and docker
- Prior Experience in the use of Selenium java web driver, Jmeter and postman.
- Prior experience working in Agile driven teams
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary teams and management
- Fosters an environment of teamwork and encourages innovation
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong work ethics – with a passion for achieving high precision and quality of work produced
- Familiarity with scripting languages, such as Python, Perl and Bash will be considered as an Asset
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Team player
- Strong analytic skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Result oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) and fluency in English to facilitate communication with colleagues and external parties.
- Motivated, self-starter, problem solver with the ability to work independently
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
If you are the candidate we’re looking for please send your application to [email protected].