About the company
HAUD Systems provides advanced solutions for Mobile Network Operators to help them control the networks, increase profitability through the revenue generation from Application-To-Person (A2P) traffic and enhance network security by reduction of SMS fraud and spam together with customer experience improvement.
HAUD Systems is an associate and active member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Job purpose and description
Reporting to the Senior Technical Architect the Software architect will be responsible for:
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth understanding of the business logic embodied in our software and its development infrastructure and project delivery process.
- Lead the design and architecture phases of projects, prototypes and changes within the existing estate.
- Research and keep abreast with the latest technologies and trends within the industry
- Support the Development teams as needed
Role Profile and Responsibilities
- Breaking down large scale projects into manageable chunks and communicate it with the development teams
- Review requirements, generate architecture documents and provide a rough order of magnitude estimates
- Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to determine functional and non-functional requirements whilst establishing a target architecture that combines the product roadmap, the latest technology platforms, and common architectural best practices
- Actively research new technologies and propose technical advances on current and future systems
- Work in a cross-functional team to deliver high-quality software
- Be accountable for the development teams’ deliverables including quality, security, modifiability, extensibility and other criteria set on a per-project basis.
- Provides technical direction and expertise to multiple projects and tasks
- Identifies and directs the resolution of complex software issues
- Provides guidance to less-experienced software engineers
- Communicate standards and acquire buy-in on solutions
- Support the product owner with the requirements Occasional travel may be required
Education / Experience
- First or Post-Graduate Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development in general, ideally knowledge of Java-based server-side/backend technologies, including Spring and Hibernate
- At least 3 years’ experience in an active Software architect role, working on mission-critical and high throughput systems
- Comfort with programming and a strong grasp of operating systems concepts
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Ability to understand and learn complex protocols
- Understanding of database fundamentals – both RDBMs and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with microservices and associated tools, such as Kafka, Zookeeper, RabbitMQ, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with Linux
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary teams and management
- Fosters an environment of teamwork and encourages innovation
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong work ethics – with a passion for achieving high precision and quality of work produced. Reliable timekeeping and attendance.
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Team player
- Strong analytic skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Result oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) and fluency in English to facilitate communication with colleagues and external parties.
- Motivated, self-starter, problem solver with the ability to work independently
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
If you are the candidate we’re looking for please send your application to [email protected].