Working within the Technology Department, reporting into the Head of Technical Services & Operations, the Architecture & Documentation Engineer will be responsible for compiling, updating & enhancing current and future HAUD solutions offered globally by the company.
The Architecture & Documentation Engineer will coordinate across client & product requirements as to research and delivery best possible solution designs spanning IP connectivity, Telco messaging connectivity (Sigtran/Map & Diameter), Compute & Storage (both HW and Cloud) deployments.
Substantial internal coordination with DevOps, SysOps & PMO will be crucial, including occasional external 3rd party partners.
Primarily architecture integration design (HLD, LLD specifications) along with related supporting documentation is the key delivery focus areas in this role. The secondary key focus is for Technical solution manuals spanning Installation, user & upgrade documentation.
The candidate will also benefit from company-provided training usually held in its offices within Europe or Asia. Such training could be either system specific as well as personal development training on technologies as required by the company.
- Directly responsible for the creation of new Architecture documentation & blueprints for all new projects and clients
- Fully own and maintain (lifecycle) all Technical Solution designs and supporting documentation, current and new.
- Fully own and maintain all Technical solution manuals, current and new.
- Coordinate with vendors, service providers and internal teams ensuring continuous alignment and delivery of key functional and non-functional requirements are within capacity & compliance of the proposed Architecture.
- Ensuring all change management & new feature deliveries are reflected correctly within architecture & documentation repositories.
- Solution design costings
- Architecture/Design hands-on POCs within Physical & Cloud Lab Environments spanning (IP/Compute/Storage & Core Software solution)
- Audit and Validate regularly both documented Architectures and Manuals versus demo and production environments.
- Assist in establishing realistic estimates for design and documentation delivery while ensuring that resources are utilised in the most efficient way, focusing on the reduction of the project delivery time while keeping the maximum quality of delivery.
Requirements and education
- Experience in Telecom Core network element architecture design (A2P & P2A Gateways & SMSCs, STPs) are a KEY asset.
- Experience in Cloud design or integration for AWS , Azure and VMware private clouds, are considered a KEY asset.
- Experience in the Telecom messaging flows such as MAP(Sri/Fsm) & SMPP.
- Experience in IP network architecture design (Physical/Cloud) including related Cisco (CCDA) & AWS (SAP-C01) certifications or equivalent.
- Experience with Linux SCTP & SMPP (utilities/libraries), especially network trace analysis tools such as Wireshark is a must.
- Three-year experience in similar Telco / ISP Architect role.
- Ability to produce clear and effective Technical documentation ensuring no wrong assumptions are taken based on the typical audience & in alignment with the prerequisites stated in each document.
- Ability to first-hand validate and execute all guidance and examples within the technical documentation produced
- Ability to fully audit live environments versus Architecture in regular
- Well versant in Visio and similar blueprint/schematic tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to adjust plans as necessary and provide alternative strategies to meet changing operational situations.
- Able to work on his/her own initiative
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Great attention to detail
- Result oriented
- Structured, well organised and willing to also apply knowledge on a hands-on basis
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
If you are the candidate we’re looking for please send your application to [email protected]