Working within the Technology Department, reporting into the Technical Services & Operations team, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for installations, operations and maintenance focusing on Cloud Based Messaging solutions but also spanning other HAUD solutions offered globally by the company.
The Senior Engineer will detail , coordinate and execute at both integration and operational matters, spanning all three skill areas for the solution (compute, connectivity & software) as to ensure the most timely and efficient deployments , regular anomaly detection enhancements (NMS) and rectification (troubleshooting) are achieved.
Substantial internal coordination with DevOps & 24×7 NOC will be crucial, including occasional external 3rd party partners. Architecture integration design (LLD specifications) and detail planning for solution installations and upgrades will also form part of the key responsibilities.
The candidate will also benefit from company-provided training usually held either remotely over video conferencing or in its offices within Europe and Asia. Such training could be either system specific as well as personal development training on technologies as required by the company.
- Assist and Execute tasks for deployment management, Integration support, vendor operation & support management, service asset configuration & tracking service restoration, technical support, operational design, SLA/KPI management & 2nd/3rd line support.
- Assist in the specification’s definition and architecture design of the solution to be installed or require updates.
- Coordinate with vendors, service providers and internal resources ensuring continuous alignment and delivery of key functional and non-functional requirements of the solution.
- Plan, organize and manage the performance of the Solution Delivery process and where necessary initiates corrective actions to cover short-falls in performance and delivery capability.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure the solution, intervention & issue is addressed at the required standard and within the planned time frame (SLAs).
- Assist in establishing realistic estimates for project delivery while ensuring that resources are utilised in the most efficient way, focusing on the reduction of the project delivery time while keeping the maximum quality of delivery.
- Occasional travel may be required
Requirements and education
- Core network element exposure and troubleshooting such as (A2P & P2A Gateways, SMSCs, STPs) are a KEY asset.
- Cloud design, integration and operations for AWS, Azure and VMware private clouds, are considered a KEY asset.
- Hands-on experience with Linux SCTP & SMPP (utilities/libraries), especially network tracing tools such as Wireshark is a must.
- Experience in the telecommunications section protocols such as Sigtran/MAP & SMPP will be considered as an asset.
- Three-year experience in similar Telco Senior / Engineering roles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to adjust plans as necessary and provide alternative strategies to meet changing operational situations.
- Able to work on his/her own initiative
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal
- Willing to learn new technologies Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Team player
- Result oriented
- Structured, well organised and strong technical project management skills
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
If you are the candidate we’re looking for please send your application to [email protected]