HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide Mobile Network Operators, aggregators and messaging hubs with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the generation of revenues from messaging traffic, enhanced network security service to detect signalling and messaging fraud, filter spam and increased subscriber loyalty.
HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Working within the Technology Department and reporting directly into the CTO, the Technical Project and Release Manager will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the assigned technology project. Such projects could be the development of new software systems, major releases and updates on the current systems or deployments of systems in live environments.
The Technical Project and release manager will work with the Development and Technical Operations teams as well as with the respective Product Owner and Product Manager to ensure the timely release of the technical deliverables, according to the requested specifications and to the required standards.
Profile and Responsibilities
- Work well in a team environment. Assist team members in all areas to achieve successful release cycles and retrospectively provides feedback for continuous improvement.
- Highlights and removes blockers or impediments that hinder project progress
- Monitor and report the progress of every release cycle or delivery sprint for each project.
- Skilled at organizing and communicating complex concepts – capable of breaking down complex situations, this applies to both technical issues and process issues.
- Actively research new methodologies or best practices and propose new ways of working to continuously improve efficiency and quality of deliverables.
- Work with the Product Owners and Product Manager to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution.
- Be accountable for the technical deliverables including quality, compliance with project specifications within the committed timeframe.
- Support the Product Owner and coordinate with the Technical teams during requirements gathering, phasing and presentation of such requirements to be reflected in defined time-bound delivery cycles.
- Helps team estimate and increase velocity by guiding the development teams and delivery teams on self-organization
- Coaches and assists the Product Owner with the requirements
- Promotes continuous communication within the technical teams and across all the organisation.
- Assist the CTO and top management in presenting the current status, highlight risks and regularly report progress of all technology related projects
- Leads and facilitates project delivery meetings including project planning, sprint planning, sprint reviews and other planning meetings to ensure full team engagement.
- Assist the Solution Delivery and Installations teams with the project management and coordinate of both internal and external resources.
- Own the project management role with the Technology department coordinating team leaders and managing project resources and the overall progress of all the technical deliverables within the department.
- Occasional travel may be require
Education and Experience
- First or Post-Graduate Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent
- At least 10 years’ experience in engineering and/or software development functions in a technology-oriented organisation
- At least 5 years’ technical project management experience involving fast and multiple releases.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an agile environment, with a firm and in-dept knowledge of the Agile and Waterfall principles and frameworks
- Certifications in Agile and / or classical procedural models such as PMI / SCRUM or ITIL will be considered as an asset
- Experience in the Telecommunications Industry will be considered as an asset.
- Strong experience managing software development projects.
- Experience with build and release management, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) will be considered as an asset.
- Experience in managing solutions deployments in a live and critical environment.
- Advanced presentation skills and a knowledge of project management tools (Atlassian Tools – JIRA/Confluence and MS-Project)
- Assertive, flexible, pro-active and resourceful
- Strong analytic skills and structured thinking
- Excellent attention to details
- Result oriented and promotes high quality standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) and fluency in English to facilitate communication with colleagues and external parties.
- Motivated, self-starter, problem solver with the ability to work independently
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Team player with the ability to motivate people and drive results through influence and relationships
If you are the candidate we’re looking for please send your application to [email protected]