About the company
HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide Mobile Network Operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the generation of revenues from A2P traffic, enhanced network security, a reduction in SS7, SMS fraud and spam and increased subscriber loyalty.
HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Job purpose and description
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Back-End QA Engineer will work within the Technology Department of HAUD. They will be responsible to ensure that test automation targets and measures are achieved.
The QA Automation Engineer:
Works closely with Software Developers, Product Owner, Stakeholders, architecture and Operations teams and any other department affected by the product under test.
Is responsible to understand all the aspects of the business that the product under test is connected to.
Implements (either through scripting or programming) Automated Test Cases based on test case definition.
Is responsible to generate, evaluate and publish automated reports.
Contributes to maintain a productive and collaborative work environment.
Role Profile and Responsibilities
- Responsible for testing complex features which includes:
- Collect, identify and document testing requirements,
- Create and maintain test specifications and test plan documents;
- Design the test scenarios with complete understanding of the end to end solution and customer use cases;
- Configure the environment to run the tests;
- Develop automated tests based on the test specifications and test plans
- Run manual tests to reach testing completeness;
- Collaborate with other teams to analyse any software defects;
- Report such defects accurately including all the steps and information require to replicate the issues identified;
- Continuously review and improve the tests
- Provide realistic estimates for deliverables while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet agreed deadlines.
- Ensure that requirements stated in Product Design document are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Co-ordinate with product owners and development teams to ensure the qualitative delivery of the systems to be developed and according to the specified requirements.
- Responsible for testing both Functional and Non-Functional Requirements
- Benchmark best practices as part of quality process management and improvements.
- Maintain and improve test frameworks to satisfy automation and reporting.
- Interact with various stakeholders to simulate customer scenarios which help validate the product.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Delivers in accordance with agreed scope, acceptance criteria, time, financial and quality measures.
- Reports and escalates in a timely manner during project.
- Identify risk in his/her business and take responsibility for reporting risks in a timely, open and appropriate manner.
Education / Experience
- Passion for QA and knack for identifying test that break code.
- First or Post-Graduate Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in use of Selenium, Jmeter, Postman, Cucumber and other testing frameworks.
- Working experience testing high throughput applications using RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis, Memcached.
- Working experience with programming languages such as Java, C++ and strong grasp of operating systems concepts.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Ability to understand and learn complex protocols.
- Understanding of database fundamentals and SQL Querying.
- Familiarity scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, PHP or Bash.
- Programming experience on Linux / UNIX environment.
- Working Knowledge of Docker or any other containerisation technology
- Prior experience in testing enterprise Back-End applications/microservices.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with inter-disciplinary teams and management.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork and encourages innovation.
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Knowledge of international IT and Mobile Telecom standards and protocols – Signalling System No. 7 (SS7), DIAMETER, SMPP, IMS will be considered as an asset.
- Strong work ethics – with a passion towards achieving high precision and quality of work produced. Reliable time keeping and attendance.
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Team player
- Strong analytic skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Result oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) and fluency in English to facilitate communication with colleagues and external parties.
- Motivated, self-starter, problem solver with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
If you are the candidate we’re looking for please send your application to [email protected].