HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide Mobile Network Operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the generation of revenues from A2P traffic, enhanced network security, a reduction in SS7, SMS fraud and spam and increased subscriber loyalty. HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Senior Software Developer will work within the Technology Department of HAUD having the main responsibility to design, implement, test and maintain new or existing software-based systems. Analysis and documentation for the inhouse-developed software is also part of responsibilities for the Software Developer. The developer may be required to learn new programming languages depending on the project at hand. Good communication skills are required for interaction with other developers, other departments and external parties. Proficiency in English is a must. Tight deadlines are to be expected at times, putting in extra hours for flexibility may be required
- Delivery of high quality code conforming to industry standards and best-practices
- Active interest and involvement in the full development life-cycle of software deliverables (requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing deployment, on-going system support/maintenance)
- Mentoring to the junior teammates
- A commitment to maintain the applicability and correctness of software deliverables produced, guaranteeing their alignment to business requirements and company goals
- Actively research new technology and technology trends to contribute in the Design & Architecture of the assigned project
- Fosters an environment of teamwork and encourages innovation
- Ensures that all relevant process, quality and security guidelines are embedded in the designs from the early stages
- Assist in the development of appropriate standards and practices and ensure that they are documented, maintained and applied to all projects and services
- Follow the development life-cycle and technology standards adopted by the organisation
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and without supervision
- Willing to learn new programming languages and when required (able to adapt and pick up new techniques and technology)
- Demonstrates strong customer, quality, cost and delivery focus
- Availability to travel for training purposes or relevant technology conferences
Education and Experience
- First or Post-Graduate Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 7+ years’ experience in developing with Java (Knowledge in C++ is considered as an asset).
- Deep knowledge on OOP, Design Patterns, Clean Code, Refactoring, and Unit Testing.
- Strong knowledge and experience on microservices architecture
- Experience building Restful backend services using popular frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Strong experience in messaging software such as Kafka, RabbitMq.
- Working Experience with caching technologies such as Redis and MemCache
- Experience developing high available, efficient backend processes that are deployed in critical environments handling high throughputs (30k+ Transactions per second) introducing minimal delay in the system flow.
- Experience in Relational / NoSQL Database Management Systems such as Postgresql, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience on usage and creation of Continuous Delivery and building pipelines.
- Experience in distributed architecture with fault tolerance and loose coupling
- Strong knowledge on GIT
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and related software technologies (scrum, Kanban, JIRA etc.)
- Sound understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and design patterns.
- Knowledge of international IT and Mobile Telecom standards and protocols – Signalling System No. 7 (SS7) and SMPP will be considered as an asset.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
- Work Experience with Linux OS, preferably Ubuntu
- Self-starter, problem solver with the ability to work independently.
If you are the candidate we’re looking for please send your application to [email protected]